Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Tainted Turkey

Had a strange situation happen to me today ...

I was at supermarket whose name I shall not disclose.



I went up to the deli counter to purchase some turkey breast. The counter lady took a while to get to me but when she did, she didn't exactly sparkle with great customer service. She didn't smile and talked so softly it was difficult to hear.

After I put in my request, she proceeded to tell me how she was having gas pains. She said I needed to give her a minute while she went to the back. To do what, it was not clear. In my mind, I pictured a colonic blow-out.

She came back and told me that she had been throwing up all night and that didn't feel very well. She ate some bread that was hidden beneath the counter and then took out a hunk of turkey and sliced it up.

Gas, vomit and diarrhea was not going to stop this lady from doing her job. Hell no.

She handed the turkey to me.

What was I supposed to do at that point? Hand it back to her. Tell her I changed my mind? Drop the meat on the floor and stomp on it?

I told her that I hoped she felt better. And then left with my $10 worth of nasty turkey.

I'm sure it will be fine. My dog will never know the difference.


No comments: