Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Street Art

Taking pictures is one of my favorite things to do. I think it drives my friends a little batty when I always want to stop and snap a photo but they should realize how blessed they are to be in the presence of such a creative mind.

Anyhoo ...

I realized that I've got a couple of interesting street art photos taken during my travels.

And guess what? I've decided to share them with you. Now you are blessed too.

This one is all the way from Austin, Texas. I sense a Cash/M.A.S.H theme.

And these angry squiggle faces are from Amsterdam.

And with all the pot smoking going on there, you would think it would all be happy graffiti. Au contraire, mon frere.

This one I snapped just recently. I have no idea what the artist is trying to say but it is interesting. This mural is from the Los Feliz neighborhood of Los Angeles.

I'm guessing this one was done by a Russian. Or maybe not. It is located in Key West and people just make up shit down there.

Intentional spelling mistake? Once again, in Key West, people make up their own rules.

Nothing says happiness like a big blue eye crying tears.

You can see this big bad baby in the Venice neighborhood of Los Angeles. In Venice, people look homeless but apparently they have enough money for paint (and pot).

At least they know how to prioritize.

And this one is also in Venice. That's me in the lower left hand corner. Even though I sat there for several minutes, no one gave me work or food. Damn this economy!

And right beside Venice is the more uppity Santa Monica neighborhood where this classy piece of artwork is located.

I've never seen Patrick wear sunglasses before. Why does he need them? He lives under the sea for godsakes.

Of course, he also wears pants which are likewise unnecessary.

And surprise, surprise, there are some creative types in Hollywood who like to paint on walls. I'm guessing this mural was not based on an actual photo but I could be wrong.

No comments: