Wednesday, January 23, 2008

The Doo Dah Parade

Transvestite Basset. Big Angry Kitty.

Impressive holiday cleavage. Cute mime.
What no parade should be without.
Last Sunday, I had the great pleasure of attending the Doo Dah parade in Pasadena, California.


The Doo Dah parade is the absurd answer to the formality of the Rose Bowl parade. I think anyone can be a part of it as long as they are a little off center.


This year, The Bastard Sons of Lee Marvin, The BBQ and Hibachi Marching Drill Team, The Men of Leisure Synchronized Nap Team all participated along with disco dancers, draq queens, and Basset Hounds. It was a lot of fun and my pictures give you some idea of the silliness.


I really liked the colorful sheet people in the video below. I don't know why I liked them so much. Maybe it was because they were colorful and they jumped around a lot. I suppose those are good enough reasons.



No comments: