Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Photographing Dusty

A pet photographer must be one of the most difficult jobs out there. Sure, there are well trained labs that are cooperative but most of the time, I'm sure these photographers are dealing with out-of-control subjects who want to do ANYTHING but sit still.

Dusty had to go into the clinic for another antibiotic injection and I decided that I would photograph him while he was in his cage. Not sure why. Perhaps it was a slow day. Perhaps I just wanted to document his humiliation like some sort of sick pet owner.

Anyway, it was not an easy photo shoot. Dusty didn't know why his owner was trying to shove a piece of metal in his face, especially when it didn't smell in the least like his dog treat. He kept on moving his head and my iphone camera didn't have image stabilization.

It was a painful experience for us both.

Here are just a few of the great shots I took.

Although it does look like I'm strangling him, I assure you I was only thinking it and not actually doing it.

Finally I gave up and took a video. Now you can see why my photo shoot was such a challenge.

No comments: