Thursday, September 4, 2008

Morning at the cottage

This is what the lake looked like this morning. I had to take a picture of it because we're now at the end of the season. Soon, the skies will grey over, the wind will get cold and the water will no longer be inviting.

The summer up here doesn't last long. Normally, they only get June, July and August to enjoy but this year, there was even less than that. There was a lot of rain and wind. Probably means the cool weather will come sooner too.

It's a beautiful place but I'm not sure how many more years we'll have it. My parents are having a harder time looking after it and the sons now live quite far away. I spent almost every summer here while I was growing up but I didn't appreciate it as much as I do now.

Sometimes you have to disappear for a while, then come back. See it for everything that it is. Sometimes, I feel the same way about Canada.

___________________________________________________________________

On a lighter note, I was able to snap a half decent picture of a Blue Jay today. He kept on stealing the nuts that I put down for the chipmunks.

I tried to get a close-up but he kept on flying away. Damn birds. Why do they have wings?

GO TORONTO BLUE JAYS!

Just thought I'd throw that in.

No comments: