I must be a pessimist at heart. As the end of every year rolls around, I start to think about how the world is going to end at the stroke of midnight.
Computer software glitch?
Being a pessimist is not always a bad thing. When things turn out better than expected (in this case, I was thrilled that there was a dawn on January 1st), I am a much happier person. It's kinda like a joyful rebound effect.
And with every new year, I make resolutions. I don't make them before January 1st in case the world does end and then all that thinking would be a complete waste of time and energy. I make them on January 1st in between the sleeping, laying around and eating lots of carbs.
So here is my list. It's a little personal but what else are blogs for if not to share those innermost secrets?
- get Dusty the superdog through another year
- travel to some exotic destination and do a little Sally Struthering
- save animals. Make their owners happy
- get drunk with Sarah Silverman
- make a television pilot
- learn to love the simple things
- write, write, write
- make an impression
- keep my bathroom clean
- stop biting my nails
- do something that scares the shit outta me
- give Starbucks less of my money
- find the answers without asking so many damn questions
- make enough money to live in L.A.
- don't be sad that it's over. Be happy that it happened at all
- try to grow a horn out of my forehead. Make people uncomfortable for staring at it
- eat, pray, love. Or maybe just eat
- see Def Leppard in concert
- find Dog
- lick my elbow
- substitute good luck for lack of talent
- take lots of pictures. win contests to support the habit
- become feared if I can't be respected
and make it through another year!
Hope everyone has a great 2010. Let's not die this year, okay?