Friday, January 1, 2010

Welcome to the New Year!

Well, we haven't died yet.

I must be a pessimist at heart. As the end of every year rolls around, I start to think about how the world is going to end at the stroke of midnight.

Nuclear bomb?
Terrorist attack?
Mutant virus?
Alien invasion?
Computer software glitch?

Being a pessimist is not always a bad thing. When things turn out better than expected (in this case, I was thrilled that there was a dawn on January 1st), I am a much happier person. It's kinda like a joyful rebound effect.

And with every new year, I make resolutions. I don't make them before January 1st in case the world does end and then all that thinking would be a complete waste of time and energy. I make them on January 1st in between the sleeping, laying around and eating lots of carbs.

So here is my list. It's a little personal but what else are blogs for if not to share those innermost secrets?
  • get Dusty the superdog through another year
  • travel to some exotic destination and do a little Sally Struthering
  • save animals. Make their owners happy
  • get drunk with Sarah Silverman
  • make a television pilot
  • learn to love the simple things
  • write, write, write
  • make an impression
  • keep my bathroom clean
  • stop biting my nails
  • do something that scares the shit outta me
  • give Starbucks less of my money
  • find the answers without asking so many damn questions
  • make enough money to live in L.A.
  • don't be sad that it's over. Be happy that it happened at all
  • try to grow a horn out of my forehead. Make people uncomfortable for staring at it
  • eat, pray, love. Or maybe just eat
  • see Def Leppard in concert
  • find Dog
  • lick my elbow
  • substitute good luck for lack of talent
  • take lots of pictures. win contests to support the habit
  • become feared if I can't be respected

and make it through another year!

Hope everyone has a great 2010. Let's not die this year, okay?

No comments: