Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Last day in Cambodia ... for now

This is our last day.  We're waiting on Savong to take us around and see the pumps that were made on our last visit.  We also hope to see the building of a new one today.  I'm not sure if they have started yet. 

I also hope to buy some t-shirts and say goodbye to the kids at the orphanage.

Goodbyes are so difficult.  I even hate saying goodbye to my apartment every morning when I leave for work. 

It was a very quick trip.  In some ways, I felt like I accomplished a lot but in other ways, I felt like I simply ran out of time and needed another week to get everything done.  Of course, I'll be in close contact with Savong to see how everything is going and I hope to keep everyone updated on the new and EXCITING projects that are ahead of us. 

We leave tonight around midnight.  It will be a very long trip home and I hope that the tempers between North and South Korea calm down before we fly into and out of Incheon airport

I'll be back home Thursday evening.  I'll spend the whole day shell-shocked and then it's back to work on Friday.  AGGH!

No comments: