Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Poultrygeist: Night of the Chicken Dead

Living in L.A. has certain benefits ...

The restaurant wait staff are better looking than average.

You can be completely crazy but if you have money, you'll still get people's respect.

Wearing jeans and a t-shirt are considered "dressed up".

And let us not forget Movie Premieres!

Yes, movie premieres. The first look at someone's blood, sweat and tears. Red carpet, stars, paparazzi ... yes, it's all there, making everything look more important than probably what it is.

Last Friday I was invited to a movie premiere. Okay, I use the word "invited" rather loosely; I paid ten dollars. And it wasn't the premiere; it was the 9:45 showing. There was no red carpet but there were cast members dressed up in costume. And the writer/director was there. Eli Roth (writer/director of the Hostel series) was also in attendance so I did see a celebrity (of sorts). There were camera crews hovering around but they didn't have any of the "paparazzi panic" as I like to call it. (See some paparazzi chasing after a star and you'll know what I mean).

So what was all this for?

POULTRYGEIST and it was freakin' awesome!!

This is what we were exposed to:

*gratuitous dancing topless lesbians
*men in thongs doing the Riverdance
*deep fried testicles
*splattering red, brown and green bodily fluids from all orifices
*demonic chickens who like fisting humans

and general overall mayhem.

Way better than Indiana Jones but truthfully, I came out feeling a little queasy.

And I was in no mood for chicken.

I have added the trailer below but if you don't have a strong stomach, then you may want to skip it.

Don't tell me I didn't warn ya.

No comments: