Monday, April 5, 2010

Another sweaty day

Today we had a travelling day. First stop was the stilted village of Kompuk Kleang (spelling is my own) which is literally built on stilts to stay above the rising waters of the Tonle Sap lake during the rainy season. We drove through the village while the children shouted out their hellos and then we took a boat ride. Amazing place and of course I took about 284000 pictures (rough estimate).

Then it was over to the destroyed temple of Beng Mealea. They have put up a lot of wooden walkways which has made the area much safer but has taken away a lot of its charm. Too bad. I prefer my Cambodian temples ruined and trecherous.

A great meal tonight at Nest which had very Western prices. $17 for a steak? Ridiculous!!

However the 75 cent beers at the Angkor What bar made me feel like we were back in Cambodia.

And now it's midnight and I'm sweating to death! There is no getting away from the slime that coats your skin in these temperatures. I have no Internet inside so I suffer for my blog.

Tomorrow it's back to the orphanage and the kids. And hopefully some relaxing time. This "vacation" has been crazy busy.


-- Posted from my iPhone

Location:Wat Bo Rd,Siem Reap,Cambodia

No comments: