Sunday, April 4, 2010

Day at the shelter

Just like my co-worker Brandi likes to say, today was an incredible day.

We went out to the orphanage (better described as a shelter since some of the children have one parent) and played with the kids almost ALL day. They ranged in age from about 3 right up to 23 and had endless enthusiasm and smiles (unless an occasional fight broke out). I took photos of all of them and printed them out on my most excellent portable canon printer. We made thank you notes to Anneke who has generously donated to the orphanage and finally we played with skipping ropes which were generously donated by Pfizer. These were digital skipping ropes which counted the number of skips and the kids loved them. I thought a couple of them were going to get heatstroke skipping in the 100 degree heat but thankfully no one died for the sake of fun.

But geezes it is sooooooo HOT here!!!! I'm sitting out on the patio at 7 pm and I'm sweating my um, arms off. I'm on shower number 2 and will likely need another before bed.

While we were at the orphanage they started construction on the new room which will eventually be a nurse's office. It is very exciting to see the projects take shape. I would love to share more photos but yer all gonna have to wait till I get home.

Ok. Time to go eat and especially drink. I think I'm at least 10% dehydrated.

Tomorrow it's off to see the final temple on my list (the "Indiana Jones temple") and a floating village. Too much fun.





-- Posted from my iPhone

Location:Wat Bo Rd,Siem Reap,Cambodia

No comments: