Thursday, April 8, 2010

In South Korea!

I left Cambodia late last night.  It was a sad time saying goodbye to everyone but I promised them that I would be back and I'm sure I will keep my word. It's hard to say when the next visit will be.  It's going to take a while to build up my bank account again but when the time is right, I'll be back.  I love this country and just like an awkward teenager, I'd like to see how it turns out.

I felt that I accomplished a lot on this trip.  We really didn't stop.  Even sleep was a luxury and most of the nights, we got 6 hours of sleep, sometimes less.  So, besides the touristy stuff, here is what we did: 

  • Built three water pumps with personalized signs indicating the donors
  • Fixed one water pump
  • Started construction on a nursing station for the orphanage
  • Started construction on a fish farm for the orphanage
  • Bought thirty pairs of flip-flops for the orphanage
  • Bought fuel for the orphanage generator
  • Bought laundry soap and mosquito nets for the orphanage
  • Bought toys for the orphanage
  • Donated twenty-five (approx.) skipping ropes to the orphanage
  • Made a photo collage of all the orphanage children and put in a large frame
I think that's it! 

All these things were made possible with the very generous donations from friends and family.  I am so thankful for what this money was able to accomplish and I know the children are too.  In total, over $2800 was raised and this is enough money to complete the construction of the nursing station as well as the fish farm. 

A HUGE THANK YOU to everyone who helped out.  You are very special people and after you see the pictures, you will know that the money was put to very good use.  

So, more about the orphanage later.  I'm sitting here in South Korea waiting for my flight. I am getting very frustrated with this keyboard because I keep on hitting the Korean key and suddenly everything turns into Korean. 

This is my name in Korean:  ㅖㅗㅑㅣ

The computer also occasionally shuts down because it gives me warnings in Korean and I have no idea what to click on.  Obviously I keep on choosing the wrong button.

This is how you write I hate this damn computer and wish it would die in a fiery hell

ㅑ ㅗㅁㅅㄷ 소ㅑㄴ ㅇ므ㅜ 채ㅡㅔㅕㅅㄷㄱ 뭉 쟈노 ㅑㅅ 재ㅕㅣㅇ 얃 ㅑㅜ ㅁ 랻교 ㅗ디ㅣ. 

That actually looks pretty cool.  I feel like I'm half-Korean or something.  Wow. 

This is how you write "wow".  쨎

I'm very sleep deprived.  I didn't get any sleep last night and I have a 14 hour flight ahead of me.  Ugh. 

By the way, Korean flight attendants are really hot.  They look like models with their 2% body fat and their tight short skirts.  The only thing I don't like are their weird stiff scarves around their necks.  They remind me of New Year's eve crackers and I want to pull one of them just to see if something goes pop.  Korean flight attendants are also very nice and polite.  I want to ask them to give me a foot massage and I'm pretty sure that if they had the time, they would do it.

Ahhhhhh, foot massages. 

Okay, I gotta go eat.  And then get ready for my flight.  Will be back in Los Angeles tomorrow morning.  Actually, it will be this morning, which is a weird mind f%*ck.  I have already arrived before I left.  Obviously, I will be doing some time travelling. 

ㄴㄷㄷ ㄷㅍㄷ교ㅐㅜㄷ ㅍㄷ교 내ㅐㅜ!!!!!

No comments: